White Lily® Yeast Rolls
- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 3 hr
- 30 rolls
- 2 (1/4 oz.) packets active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°F)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- STIR yeast into warm water in small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, microwave milk, sugar, shortening and salt in microwave-safe bowl on HIGH until temperature reads 105 to 115°F, about 1 minute. (Shortening does not need to melt.) Add to yeast mixture. Beat in 3 cups flour and egg with mixer on low speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a very soft dough.
- KNEAD on lightly floured surface, adding additional flour as needed, until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Coat large bowl generously with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- COAT two 13 x 9-inch pans with no-stick cooking spray. Divide dough into 30 equal pieces. Shape into balls. Place 15 balls in each prepared pan. Cover with towel. Let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Uncover rolls and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 of 30 rolls), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For easier slicing and rich flavor, wrap cooled quick breads in aluminum foil and store overnight before serving.
For easy entertaining, bake pizza crust ahead of time, and add toppings just before final baking.