White Lily Three Ingredient Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), frozen⠀
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk⠀
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted⠀
- Parchment paper⠀
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Measure out your flour, and grate frozen butter directly into the flour, tossing to coat from time to time. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. ⠀
- Make a well in the flour and add buttermilk straight from the fridge. Stir 15 times, just until the flour is moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape it into a long rectangle going out from your body. Fold each end of the dough into the center like you would fold a letter for an envelope, turn 90 degrees, then roll out with a floured rolling pin into a long rectangle again. Repeat 3 times.
- Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness.⠀
- Dip your 2 1/2-inch round cutter in flour, then cut out the biscuits. Making sure not to twist the cutter and re-flouring your cutter between biscuits.⠀
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, and arrange biscuits close together.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt two tablespoons of butter, then brush tops of biscuits after removing from oven. ⠀
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Calcium %, Iron %.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.