White Lily® Light and Fluffy Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 1 dozen
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup butter or shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 475°F.
- PLACE flour in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, work butter or shortening into flour until crumbs are the size of peas. Add buttermilk, stir with fork just until flour is moistened.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Gently roll dough with floured rolling pin until 1 inch thick. Cut out biscuits using a floured 2-inch biscuit cutter or the rim of a cup. Place biscuits on a baking sheet where the edges touch. Reform the scrap dough to make additional biscuits.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Brush tops with butter and enjoy.
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Self-rising flour is ideal for biscuit recipes because it ensures the correct amount of leavener is used, and that it's evenly distributed.
Use any excess dough to make decorative cut-outs to place on top of cobbler prior to baking.