White Lily® Cream Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 12 biscuits
- 1 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- HEAT oven to 500°F.
- MEASURE flour in large bowl. Gradually stir in cream, adding only enough to moisten flour to a sticky dough.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Fold two times to form a ball. Do not knead. Pat or roll dough gently to 1/2-inch thickness.
- CUT with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter, leaving as little dough between cuts as possible. Gather remaining dough and re-roll one time; cut as described above. Discard scraps.
- PLACE biscuits on baking sheet with sides touching for soft Southern-style biscuits or close together but not touching for biscuits with crisp sides. Brush tops with melted butter.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
Serving Size (1 biscuit), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Self-rising flour is ideal for biscuit recipes because it ensures the correct amount of leavener is used, and that it's evenly distributed.
Knead biscuit dough gently, 5-6 times, on a clean, lightly floured pastry cloth, just until dough holds together and can be rolled out.