White Lily® Basic Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 3 dozen
- 2 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Whisk gently to blend ingredients. Set aside.
- BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until blended, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- ADD flour mixture to butter mixture. Beat on medium speed until dough forms. Roll dough into 36 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place on baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with bottom of glass that has been dipped in flour.
- BAKE 9 to 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown lightly. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Decorate as desired.
Serving Size (1 unfrosted cookie), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.