Traditional Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 8 min
- Total Time:
- 4 hr 0 min
- 2 to 3 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Colored sugar, sprinkles or candy bits
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat butter in large bowl 30 seconds using an electric mixer. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Add flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill about 3 hours.
- ROLL out half the dough at a time, on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Frost cooled cookies. Decorate with sugar, sprinkles or candy bits.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars 19g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To eliminate rims around the edges of quick breads, grease baking pans on bottom and only 1/2 inch up sides.
The secret to great Southern cornbread is a well-seasoned cast-iron pan with a smooth, nonstick finish.