Sweet Golden Batter Bread
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 16 to 20 servings
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115°F)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Unbleached Bread Flour
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water in large bowl. Heat milk and butter until melted. Add sugar and salt to milk mixture. Cool to lukewarm.
- STIR together yeast mixture, milk mixture, eggs and vanilla. Gradually mix in flour. Beat until smooth (dough will be sticky). Coat large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover with damp towel or plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until double in size, about 2 hours.
- COAT 10-inch fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray. Stir down dough and place in prepared pan. Let rise in warm place about 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Bake 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool slightly. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of bread), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Allow bread dough to rise during both proofing periods, until it doubles in size or until an indentation remains when you press it with your fingers.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).