Southern-Style Corn Meal Fried Catfish
- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 catfish fillets (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- HEAT 2 to 3 tablespoons oil in large, heavy skillet. Wash and drain catfish fillets.
- PLACE cornmeal mix in shallow pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of catfish fillets. Coat with cornmeal mix.
- FRY 2 fillets at a time in skillet about 4 minutes per side or until flaky and golden brown, adding additional oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in 200°F oven until ready to serve. Serve with lemon slices.
Serving Size (1/4), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 710mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g), Protein 33g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 40%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.