Sour Cream Corn Muffins
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 2/3 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray 12 muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray or line with muffin cup liners.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix and brown sugar. Make a well in center of bowl.
- WHISK together egg, sour cream, milk and oil. Add all at once to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until combined. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are browned.
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For a crisp crust on basic cornbread or corn sticks, preheat a greased skillet or corn stick pan before filling with batter.
The secret to great Southern cornbread is a well-seasoned cast-iron pan with a smooth, nonstick finish.