Smore’s Biscuit by Mama’s Biscuit
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 18 min
- Total Time:
- 28 min
- 2 cups White Lily Self-Rising Flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup crushed graham crackers
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine in a medium bowl, the White Lily Self-Rising Flour and unsalted butter.
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to work the butter into the flour mixture until it is crumbly.
- Stir in heresy’s milk chocolate chips, marshmallows, and crushed graham crackers. Use a fork to toss and ensure everything is well coated with the flour/butter mixture.
- Add buttermilk and lightly mix until everything is coated. Let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 8-10 times, pat out to ½ thickness. Cut dough with a biscuit cutter (if you do not have a biscuit cutter, you can make drop biscuits by scoping them out with a spoon and dropping them onto a baking sheet).
- Place cut biscuits on ungreased baking sheet barely touching.
- Bake 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled add additional marshmallows on top of biscuits. Use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows. Add additional heresy’s chocolate chips or heresy’s milk chocolate squares to finish.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Before preparing shortcakes, toss fruit with sugar to bring out the juices. When the shortcake is done, the fruit will be extra sweet and juicy.
Roll biscuit dough to about 1/2-inch thickness to ensure good height. Cut biscuits with a sharp-edged cutter, straight down, without twisting the cutter.