Smore’s Biscuit by Mama’s Biscuit
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 18 min
- Total Time:
- 28 min
- 2 cups White Lily Self-Rising Flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Hershey's milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup crushed graham crackers
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine in a medium bowl, the White Lily Self-Rising Flour and unsalted butter.
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to work the butter into the flour mixture until it is crumbly.
- Stir in heresy’s milk chocolate chips, marshmallows, and crushed graham crackers. Use a fork to toss and ensure everything is well coated with the flour/butter mixture.
- Add buttermilk and lightly mix until everything is coated. Let dough sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 8-10 times, pat out to ½ thickness. Cut dough with a biscuit cutter (if you do not have a biscuit cutter, you can make drop biscuits by scoping them out with a spoon and dropping them onto a baking sheet).
- Place cut biscuits on ungreased baking sheet barely touching.
- Bake 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled add additional marshmallows on top of biscuits. Use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows. Add additional heresy’s chocolate chips or heresy’s milk chocolate squares to finish.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For a change in taste, serve shortcakes with a variety of fresh fruits and toppings.
When preparing a homemade cake recipe, all ingredients should be at room temperature for best results.