Smoked Sausage with Spicy Mustard Mayo
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 12 sandwiches
SPICY MUSTARD MAYO
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped green onions (about 2 onions)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4-6 dashed of hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (13 oz) link high quality kielbasa or other smoked sausage
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- Prepare biscuits using Callie's Recipe
- Make the spicy mustard mayo: Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, green onions, and parsley.
- Let the flavors marry for about 30 minutes.
- Add the hot sauce and black pepper.
- Prepare the sausage: Slice the sausage into 24 rounds.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet. Cook the sausage rounds until well browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cook in two batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Drain the rounds on a paper bag.
- Slice the biscuits open sandwich style, spread the spicy mustard mayo on the inside, put the sausage rounds on the bottom, top with the other half of the biscuit. Enjoy!
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making a foam cake, sift flour into a bowl or onto a sheet of waxed paper, then spoon sifted flour into a measuring cup and level off.
Unfrosted cakes keep 4-6 months in the freezer, and buttercream-frosted cakes keep 2-3 months. Do not freeze decorated cakes or cakes with cooked frosting.