Savory "No Rise" Yeast Rolls
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 24 rolls
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (.25 oz.) package active dry yeast
- 2 cups lukewarm water (100º F to 110º F)
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- HEAT oven to 425º F. Spray 24 shiny muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray (If using dark, non-stick muffin pans, heat oven to 400º F.).
- WHISK yeast into lukewarm water in large bowl. Add garlic, flour, sugar, butter and egg. Whisk until combined and smooth. Fold in sage. Spoon into prepared muffin pans. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- BAKE 15 to 20 miniutes, or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Serving Size (1 roll), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 300mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making bread, dissolve yeast in 100°F-110°F liquid. When mixing yeast with flour, use 120°F-130°F liquids. Use a thermometer to check temperature.
Allow bread dough to rise during both proofing periods, until it doubles in size or until an indentation remains when you press it with your fingers.