Rich Chocolate Cream Puffs
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 25 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 15 min
- 2 dozen
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup White Lily® All-Purpose Wheat Flour and Almond Flour Blend
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted, cooled
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Cream Puffs: HEAT water, butter and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour all at once. Stir vigorously until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- DROP by 1/8 cupfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 23 to 26 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately cut a slit in each puff to vent steam. Cool completely.
- For Filling: COMBINE sugar and cocoa in large bowl. Add cream and vanilla. Beat with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Split cream puffs. Pipe or spoon filling into cream puffs. Sprinkle filling with almonds, if desired. Cover with top halves of cream puffs. Chill. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Serving Size (1 cream puff), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.