Pumpkin Walnut Waffles
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 4 servings
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, (do not use pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, plus additional for garnish
- Butter and syrup
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT waffle iron.
- COMBINE flour and pumpkin pie spice in large bowl.
- BEAT egg yolks in small bowl until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in milk, oil and pumpkin. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- BEAT egg whites until stiff; fold into batter. (Do not overmix; it is best to leave a bit of egg white not blended.) Fold in nuts.
- BAKE in waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.
- SERVE with butter and syrup.
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 760 (Calories from Fat 380), Total Fat 44g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 165mg, Sodium 820mg, Total Carbohydrate 82g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 24g), Protein 17g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 100%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 30%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.