Taco Cornbread Olé
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr
- 4 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup peeled, sliced, chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Lightly spray an 8-inch square pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix and sugar. Make a well in center of cornmeal mixture.
- COMBINE eggs, milk and oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. (Batter should be lumpy.) Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes.
- BROWN ground beef and onions in large skillet; drain well. Combine beef mixture, tomato sauce and taco seasoning mix. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup chopped tomato and olives; cook until heated.
- CUT cornbread into 4 squares. Split each square in half horizontally. Spoon meat mixture evenly over bottom half of cornbread square. Top with remaining half of cornbread square.
- COMBINE sour cream, green onions and 1/4 cup chopped tomato. Spoon on top of each square; sprinkle with cheese.