Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 5 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes
ORANGE HONEY BUTTER
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is the size of peas. Add sweet potatoes, stirring just until flour is moistened and dough holds together.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 2 to 3 times. Pat or lightly roll to about 1/2-inch thickness. Cut biscuits using a floured 2-1/2 inch cutter, leaving as little dough between cuts as possible. Gather remaining dough and re-roll one time. Cut as described above. Discard scraps.
- PLACE biscuits on baking sheet with sides touching for soft southern style biscuits or close together but not touching, for biscuits with crisp sides.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are browned. Combine butter, honey and orange peel until smooth. Serve with warm biscuits.