- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup salsa, hot, medium or mild
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- COAT an 8 or 10-inch skillet or 9-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Place in oven to preheat.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix and garlic powder in large bowl.
- MIX 1 tablespoon oil, egg, milk, salsa and chiles in separate bowl. Pour milk mixture into cornmeal mixture. Stir until blended. Pour into preheated pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.