Light and Fluffy Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups buttermilk or milk
- HEAT oven to 500°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- MEASURE flour into large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in just enough milk with fork until dough leaves sides of bowl.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 2 to 3 times. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut using floured 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place on prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart for crisp sides or almost touching for soft sides.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR: Combine 2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt before cutting in shortening. Follow directions above.