Fresh Lemon Muffins
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (from 1 medium lemon), divided
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Spray 12 muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray or use muffin cup liners.
- MIX together flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tablespoon lemon peel in large bowl.
- COMBINE milk, lemon juice, egg and oil in small bowl. Make a well in flour; add milk mixture, stirring just until combined (batter will be lumpy).
- COMBINE remaining 1/4 cup sugar and remaining 1/2 tablespoon grated lemon peel to make topping.
- FILL muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with the lemon sugar mixture.
- BAKE in center of oven 12 to 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.