Chocolate Coconut Pecan Squares
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 24 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 oz.) packages German's sweet chocolate bars, melted
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 1 inch overhang. Spray foil lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- MIX melted chocolate and 3/4 cup melted butter. Add eggs and vanilla; blend until smooth. Add flour mixture; stir until well combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 minutes.
- MIX pecans, coconut, 1/4 cup melted butter and brown sugar until well coated. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- BAKE an additional 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted one inch from middle comes out barely moist. (Do not overbake.)
- COOL on wire rack. When completely cool, remove from pan, lifting by foil. Peel off foil; cut into squares.