Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 12 muffins
- 2 tablespoons White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- COMBINE 2 tablespoons flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray bottoms only of 12 muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- RINSE, drain, and thoroughly dry blueberries on paper towels. Combine flour and sugar in small bowl. Toss blueberries in 1/4 cup flour mixture.
- WHISK milk, egg and oil together in small bowl until blended. Add liquid ingredients to remaining flour mixture; stir 5 to 7 strokes (batter will not be completely mixed).
- FOLD in floured blueberries. Stir only until ingredients are moistened. Batter will be lumpy (do not overmix). Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.