Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, drained and crumbled
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Lightly coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and dry mustard in medium bowl. Stir in cheese. Make a well in the center. Whisk together egg, milk and oil in small bowl. Add all at once to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- FILL prepared muffin cups 1/3 full using about half the batter. Combine diced eggs and bacon. Divide evenly into muffin cups on top of batter. Top with remaining batter. Muffin cups should be about 2/3 full.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned. Serve hot.