Pimento Cheese Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 17 min
- Total Time:
- 35 min
- 12 biscuits
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 oz.) jar diced pimentos, drained on paper towel
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups buttermilk or milk
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Coat 9-inch round cake pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- For Pimento Cheese: STIR together all ingredients until well blended. Set aside.
- For Biscuit Dough: MEASURE flour into large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas. Blend in just enough milk with fork until dough leaves sides of bowl.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 2 to 3 times. Roll dough into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle.
- DISTRIBUTE pimento cheese evenly over dough leaving about 3/4-inch on long sides uncovered. Roll up jelly-roll style beginning on a long side. Dampen edge with a little water and seal.
- SLICE into 12 rounds about 3/4-inch thick. Arrange in prepared pan. Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving Size (1 of 12 biscuits), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 410mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars 1g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 20%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.