Parsley Biscuits with Ham and Honey Mustard
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 6 min
- Total Time:
- 21 min
- 20 servings
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheeese
- 2 tablespoons All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 2 tablespoons Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
- 1 cup honey mustard
- HEAT oven to 500°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour and Parmesan cheese in large bowl. Cut in shortening and butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is the size of peas.
- STIR in parsley. Add milk gradually, stirring only enough to moisten flour and hold dough together.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently 2 to 3 times.
- PAT or roll dough gently to about 3/8 inch thickness. Cut using a 1 1/2-inch floured biscuit cutter, leaving as little dough between cuts as possible. Gather remaining dough; re-roll one time. Cut as described above. Discard scraps. Place biscuits close but not touching on prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 4 to 6 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Allow biscuits to cool completely.
- SPLIT in half. Spread bottom half with honey-mustard. Top with ham and remaining biscuit half.
Serving Size (1 biscuit sandwich), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 440mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 5g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.