Orange Marmalade Filled Cream Cheese Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 12 biscuits
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Orange Marmalade, or any Preserves or Jam of your choice
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- PLACE flour in large bowl. Cut in cream cheese and butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk all at once. Stir just until blended.
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Fold dough in half three times, pressing lightly between each fold.
- ROLL out dough to slightly less than 1/2-inch thick. Cut using a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Cut 6 slits though the dough around edges, leaving 1/4-inch in center uncut (this gives the biscuit the daisy shape).
- PRESS down on center of each biscuit with thumb. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon marmalade into center.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars 3g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
To knead dough, shape it into a flattened ball. Push it away from you, then fold it toward you. Turn and repeat until it's smooth and elastic, about 5-10 minutes.