Orange Cranberry Crunch Muffins
- Prep Time:
- 8 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 38 min
- 12 muffins
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray 12 standard or 6 jumbo muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- MIX together flour and granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Blend together milk, butter, egg and vanilla in small bowl. Stir into flour mixture just until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- FOLD in cranberries and orange peel. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- STIR together powdered sugar and orange juice in small bowl. Drizzle over muffins. Sprinkle with almonds.
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 28g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.