- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 15 min
- 8 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 3/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- Granulated sugar, for rolling
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves in small bowl; set aside.
- BEAT sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in egg and molasses until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture until just blended. Chill thoroughly.
- SHAPE dough into 3/4-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on wire rack.
Serving Size (1/96 1 cookie), Calories 40 (Calories from Fat 15), Total Fat 1.5g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 40mg, Total Carbohydrate 6g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Place unbaked cookies at least 2 inches apart on baking sheets to allow room for spreading.
Do not store soft and crisp cookies in the same container, or the crisp cookies will soften.