Homemade Flatbread Pizza
- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 45 min
- 2 medium pizzas 16 servings
- 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 cups White Lily® Bread Flour
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Additional pizza toppings, as desired
- COMBINE 2 3/4 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt in large bowl. Stir in warm water and 1 tablespoon oil until dough forms.
- KNEAD dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes or until smooth, adding additional flour as needed. Place in large greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover and let rest in warm place 10 minutes.
- COAT 2 (12-inch) pizza pans with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle pans with corn meal. Punch dough down to remove air bubbles. Divide dough in half. Pat dough into prepared pans. Brush tops with olive oil. Cover and let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until puffy.
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Uncover dough. Bake 7 minutes. Top partially baked crusts with pizza sauce, cheese and/or your favorite toppings. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 260mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.
Self-rising flour is ideal for biscuit recipes because it ensures the correct amount of leavener is used, and that it's evenly distributed.