Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 0 min
- 4 1/2 cups small crackers
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® All Purpose Wheat Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Fine sea salt
- COMBINE flour, salt and red pepper in food processor fitted with chopping blade. Cover and pulse a few times to blend ingredients. Add cheese and butter. Pulse until dough forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Divide dough in half. Roll out one half to 1/8-inch thickness on flat surface. Cut into 1-inch squares using a pizza cutter. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt, if desired. Make a small hole in center of each cracker using a metal or wooden skewer. Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- BAKE 12 to 13 minutes or until crackers begin to turn light golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 3 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
- If you do not have a food processer, dough ingredients can be mixed by hand in large bowl, then kneaded on flat surface until well blended. Dough will be very stiff.
Serving Size (1/4 cup), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 8%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.