Ginger Almond Refrigerator Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 4 hr
- 4 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh or dried ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer. Beat in egg, ginger and almond extract until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- SHAPE into two 6-inch rolls. Roll in chopped almonds. (If dough is too soft, chill slightly before rolling.) Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap, then wrap with foil. Chill several hours or up to overnight.
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 75mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 4g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Do not store soft and crisp cookies in the same container, or the crisp cookies will soften.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.