Fresh Apple Cake with Butter Pecan Glaze
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 55 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 0 min
- 16 servings
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups peeled, sliced and coarsely chopped baking apples
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
BUTTER PECAN GLAZE
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Coat 10-inch fluted tube pan with no-stick cooking spray. Dust with flour.
- COMBINE apples, chopped pecans and cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss to coat. Set aside. Stir flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl until blended.
- BEAT sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Fold in apple mixture. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan to serving plate.
- For Glaze: BRING butter, brown sugar and cream to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Immediately drizzle over cooled cake. Garnish with pecan halves.
Serving Size (1 of 16 slices), Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 240), Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 38g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.