Easy Homemade Deluxe Pizzas
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 20 min
- 4 (7-inch) pizzas
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (105 to 115°F)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 to 2 teaspoons White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Pepperoni slices
- 1/4 pound bulk sausage, cooked and drained
- Fresh mushrooms
- Chopped onion
- Green or sweet red pepper, chopped or cut into decorative designs
- Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese, shredded or cut into decorative designs
- SPRINKLE yeast over water in large bowl, stirring to dissovle. Add oil, sugar and salt. Add 1 1/2 cups flour and mix until blended. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a firm dough, mixing well.
- TURN onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes).
- SPRAY a large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Shape dough into a ball; place in a bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°F), free from drafts, 30 to 45 minutes or until double in size.
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Sprinkle ungreased pizza brick or pizza pan with cornmeal.
- PUNCH down, and divide dough in fourths. Roll one fourth into a 7-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Transfer dough to prepared pizza brick or pan. Fold over edges of dough, and pinch to form crust. Prick dough in about 6 places. Repeat with remaining dough.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes.
- SPREAD 1/4 cup sauce over each pizza crust. Add toppings of your choice. Return to oven; bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- THINNER CRUST PIZZA
- FOLLOW above directions. After pinching edges of rolled out dough to form a crust, brush bottom of crust with a thin layer of olive oil. Spread with sauce and add toppings. Bake at 450F 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dough may be made ahead. Let dough rise; punch down. Grease on all sides; wrap securely in plastic wrap. Place in plastic bag; store in refrigerator up to 3 days. Punch dough down daily. (Dough may also be frozen up to one month.) Let dough reach room temperature before rolling and shaping.
- Pizza crusts may be baked ahead and frozen until ready to use. Thaw before adding toppings.
Serving Size (1 of 4 pizzas), Calories 640 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 1500mg, Total Carbohydrate 85g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 6g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 50%, Iron 30%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.