Easy Apple Kuchen
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 15 min
- 18 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® All Purpose Wheat Flour & White Grape Seed Flour Blend
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat milk and egg in small bowl until blended. Stir into flour mixture just until evenly moistened. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Overlap apple slices in rows over batter.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over fruit. Drizzle with melted butter.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Size (1/18 of recipe, abt 1/3 cup), Calories 160 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 14g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.