- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 22 min
- 12 biscuits
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups milk or buttermilk, plus additional as needed
- HEAT oven to 500°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- MEASURE flour into large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas.
- BLEND in just enough milk with fork until dough leaves sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form soft dough. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cooled biscuits can be frozen up to one month in plastic food storage bags. Reheat by placing in oven 5 to 10 minutes at 350°F or microwave about 1 minute.
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.