- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- Total Time:
- 22 min
- 12 biscuits
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups milk or buttermilk, plus additional as needed
- HEAT oven to 500°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- MEASURE flour into large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until crumbs are the size of peas.
- BLEND in just enough milk with fork until dough leaves sides of bowl. If needed, add more milk to form soft dough. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cooled biscuits can be frozen up to one month in plastic food storage bags. Reheat by placing in oven 5 to 10 minutes at 350°F or microwave about 1 minute.
Serving Size (1 biscuit of 12), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For soft-sided biscuits, place unbaked biscuits in a 9-inch round or square baking pan or on a baking sheet with the side edges touching.
When making biscuits, make a well in the center of the flour mixture and use a fork to gently blend in the milk or buttermilk, being careful not to over-mix.