Country Cornmeal Pancakes
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 20 min
- 8 servings
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- HEAT griddle to 400°F.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, eggs, buttermilk and butter in medium bowl, stirring just until ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.)
- POUR 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each standard-size pancake. Cook until golden brown, turning once. Serve with butter and syrup.
- Increase the buttermilk for thinner pancakes or decrease for thicker.
Serving Size (1/8), Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 610mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 15g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C %, Calcium %, Iron 35%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.