Chocolate Coconut Pecan Squares
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- 24 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 oz.) packages German's sweet chocolate bars, melted
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving a 1 inch overhang. Spray foil lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- STIR flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- MIX melted chocolate and 3/4 cup melted butter. Add eggs and vanilla; blend until smooth. Add flour mixture; stir until well combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 10 minutes.
- MIX pecans, coconut, 1/4 cup melted butter and brown sugar until well coated. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- BAKE an additional 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted one inch from middle comes out barely moist. (Do not overbake.)
- COOL on wire rack. When completely cool, remove from pan, lifting by foil. Peel off foil; cut into squares.
Serving Size (1 square of 24), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 25g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Line your brownie pan with foil before baking, then simply lift up the edges of the foil to easily remove brownies after they cool.
Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly moist, or when they begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.