Chocolate Chip Refrigerator Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 3 hr
- 5 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar in large bowl until creamy, about 4 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture, chocolate chips and nuts just until blended.
- SHAPE into two 8-inch rolls. If dough is too soft, chill slightly before rolling. Wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap, then with foil. Chill several hours or overnight.
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- CUT rolls into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Bake on ungreased baking sheet 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
For softer cookies, reduce baking time by 1-2 minutes. For crisper cookies, increase baking time by 1-2 minutes.
To prevent cookies from becoming soggy, allow them to cool completely on wire racks before storing in an airtight container.