Chicken Chile Cornbread Casserole
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- Total Time:
- 55 min
- 6 servings
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 (11 oz.) can Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 1 (8 1/2 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising Buttermilk White Cornmeal Mix, plus 2 tbsps., divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE chicken, cheese, Mexican-style corn, cream-style corn, chiles, 2 tablespoons cornmeal mix, chili powder, cumin, cilantro and salt. Spoon into prepared dish.
- COMBINE remaining 1 cup cornmeal mix, milk, oil and egg until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 1180mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g), Protein 28g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 30%, Iron 25%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Shiny metal pans reflect heat, and make tender cakes with a light brown crust. If you have dark pans, reduce oven temperature by 25°F.
For the best-tasting pies and cobblers, use fresh, high-quality ingredients. Taste fresh fruits to test their flavor and sweetness before using.