Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Nut Cookies
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 0 min
- 4 dozen
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 stick Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl. Beat into shortening mixture at low speed until smooth. Stir in oats, raisins and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.