Carrot Spice Muffins
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 45 min
- 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar and cinnamon. Whisk together applesauce, oil and eggs. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Fold in carrots and pecans. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Dust tops with powdered sugar, if desired.
- For longer storage, cool muffins completely and place in resealable freezer bags. Heat in microwave until warm for a quick breakfast.
Serving Size (1 muffin of 12), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The warmth of the liquid used in bread recipes is very important. If too hot, the yeast can be destroyed and the dough will not rise.
Pizza dough can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Prebaked crusts can also be stored in the freezer.