Caramel Pecan Biscuit Bake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 18 min
- Total Time:
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Hungry Jack® Butter Flavored Syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsley chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury™ Whipped Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- HEAT oven to 400º F. Lightly spray 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray. Combine butter, syrup, brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon in medium bowl. Set aside.
- PLACE flourin large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk. Stir just until dough leaves sides if bowl.
- PRESS dough into bottom of prepared baking dish with floured hands. Pour butter mixture over dough. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until dough rises and edges are golden brown. Place on cooling rack.
- HEAT cream cheese frosting in microwave safe bowl 15 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir. Drizzle over biscuit bake. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of recipe), Calories 470 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 530mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 30g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C %, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making biscuits, pack vegetable shortening into a measuring cup so there are no air pockets. Cut it into the flour with a pastry blender, 2 knives, or a fork.
Self-rising flour is ideal for biscuit recipes because it ensures the correct amount of leavener is used, and that it's evenly distributed.