Callie's Classic Buttermilk Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 2 cups White Lily Self-Rising Flour, plus more for dusting work surface
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup cream cheese, room temperature, cut into cubes
- ¾ - 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- HEAT oven to 450oF.
- COMBINE flour and room temperature butter in a large bowl. Use your fingers to break up the butter. The result should resemble grated Parmesan cheese.
- ADD cream cheese and mix it into the flour with your hands, leaving a few larger pieces. Add buttermilk and mix until dough is sticky and wet, but not sloppy. All flour should be incorporated.
- MOVE the dough to a lightly floured work surface, being sure to remove all dough from bowl. Dust the top of the dough with flour. Roll out dough to 2-inches thick.
- CUT dough into 2-inch circles. Arrange circles on a lightly greased cookie sheet with the edges touching. Brush with melted butter.
- BAKE 16-18 minutes rotating the pan half-way through. Biscuit tops should be golden brown. Move to a wire rack and allow to cool slightly. Serve immediately.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl with a spatula.
- Transfer to a ramekin, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until ready to use.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When preparing a homemade cake recipe, all ingredients should be at room temperature for best results.
Allow bread dough to rise during both proofing periods, until it doubles in size or until an indentation remains when you press it with your fingers.