Callie's Blueberry Cobbler
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 6-8 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons White Lily Self-Rising Flour
- 1-pound fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 10 frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream for topping
- 1-pint heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in an 8 ½ - 9” cast iron skillet or pie dish.
- Add the flour to the melted butter. Mix until a smooth paste forms. Add blueberries, white sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Top blueberry mixture with the frozen biscuits. Brush the biscuit tops with the reserved melted butter and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, serve warm. Top with whipped cream or your favorite vanilla ice cream!
- Chill the beaters of your mixer and bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into cold bowl. Whip the cream for 2 to 3 minutes, starting at low speed and increasing to high speed, until cream begins to thicken.
- Add the vanilla and sugar, whip until soft peaks form.
- Store in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve! (Note: You can also whip the cream by hand with a whisk!)
Calories (Calories from Fat ), Total Fat g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol mg, Sodium mg, Total Carbohydrate g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars g), Protein g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Calcium %, Iron %.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Bread is done when the loaf sounds hollow when lightly tapped. At that time, remove from the pan immediately and let cool.
To prevent cookies from browning too quickly on the bottom, place an empty baking sheet in the oven under the sheet with cookies.