Cajun Corn Dogs
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 3 min
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 10 servings
- 10 hot dogs
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups White Lily® Enriched Self-Rising White Cornmeal Mix
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, optional
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- INSERT wooden skewers lengthwise into centers of hot dogs, stopping about halfway through.
- FILL electric skillet or deep-fat fryer with oil (about 2 inches deep). Heat oil to 375°F.
- COMBINE cornmeal mix, seasoning, milk and egg; stir until well blended.
- DIP hot dogs into batter, then into hot oil, a few at a time. Fry 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towel.
Serving Size (1 corn dog), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 890mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 1g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.