Buttermilk Chicken Tenders
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 4 servings
- Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 8 chicken tenders
- HEAT 1 1/2 inches oil in large skillet to 365°F.
- BLEND flour, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Break eggs into small bowl; beat lightly. Set aside. Pour 1 cup buttermilk into separate bowl.
- DIP chicken, one piece at a time, into buttermilk, then into flour mixture. Coat completely. Dip into egg, then return to flour mixture. Coat completely.
- PLACE chicken gently into hot oil. Fry, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices from chicken run clear.
- DRAIN on paper towels. Serve immediately or place on rack in 200°F oven until ready to serve.
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 1010mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 25g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 10%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.