Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 23 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 30 min
- 9 servings
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened*
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- LINE 8x8x2-inch baking pan with plastic wrap about 24 inches long, leaving ends to fold over ice cream. Press ice cream into pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in freezer.
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray two 8x8x2-inch baking pans with no-stick cooking spray. Stir together 1 3/4 cups sugar, cocoa and melted butter in large bowl until well blended.
- STIR in eggs and vanilla mixing well. Gradually stir in flour and salt until well blended. Spoon evenly into prepared pans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out barely moist. Cool 5 minutes. Turn out onto cooling rack. Cool 1 hour or until completely cool.
- BEAT cream with 1 teaspoon sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Place one brownie layer back in baking pan. Remove ice cream from pan. Place on brownie layer, then top with second brownie layer. Spread with whipped cream mixture. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping. Sprinkle with pecans.
- CUT into nine squares. Do not remove from pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Return to freezer for 30 minutes or until serving time. Thaw 10 minutes before serving. Serve immediately.
- *Soften ice cream quickly and easily by microwaving on low (30% power) 30 to 45 seconds.
Serving Size (1 ice cream sandwich), Calories 570 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 19g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 57g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly moist, or when they begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
For uniformly sized brownies, first trim off edges, then use a ruler and toothpicks as guides when cutting. For cleaner edges, freeze for 30 minutes before cutting.