- Prep Time:
- 45 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 1 hr 5 min
- 28 biscuits
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 stick Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup cold milk
- 1/3 cup cold water
- COMBINE flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- MAKE a well in the center; add milk and water all at once. Stir well (dough will be stiff).
- PLACE dough in food processor; beat until dough blisters, about 15 minutes.
- Dust beating tool with flour as often as needed to keep it from sticking to dough.
- HEAT oven to 450ºF.
- ROLL dough to about 3/8-inch thick. Cut biscuits using a floured 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Biscuits may be served warm or cold.
- Biscuits are especially good filled with ham or served with jam.
HAND BEATING METHOD
- TURN dough onto lightly floured surface. Beat with wooden spoon, mallet or old rolling pin until dough blisters, dusting utensil with flour as needed to prevent sticking. Beating vigorously, this can take 15 minutes or more. Proceed with recipe above.
Serving Size (1/28 1 biscuit), Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 15), Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Calcium %, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.