Banana Nut Bread
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr 0 min
- 2 loaves
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray the bottoms only of two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, mashed banana, eggs, nuts and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- ADD dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 60 to 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.
Serving Size (1/16), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 28g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making pizza crusts, use 2 to 2-1/2 cups of bread flour (hard wheat) or 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (soft wheat).
For a thinner, crisper pizza crust, use White Lily® All-Purpose Flour. For a thicker, chewier crust, use White Lily Bread Flour.