Banana Nut Bread
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 2 loaves
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray the bottoms only of two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, mashed banana, eggs, nuts and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- ADD dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 60 to 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.
Serving Size (1/16), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 28g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Roll biscuit dough to about 1/2-inch thickness to ensure good height. Cut biscuits with a sharp-edged cutter, straight down, without twisting the cutter.
When making muffins, mix wet and dry ingredients just until moistened. The batter will still be lumpy. Over-mixing will result in tough, heavy muffins.