Banana Nut Bread
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 1 hr 5 min
- Total Time:
- 2 hr
- 2 loaves
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
OR 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray the bottoms only of two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl; set aside.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, mashed banana, eggs, nuts and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer until well blended.
- ADD dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Pour into prepared pans.
- BAKE 60 to 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.
Serving Size (1/16), Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 46g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 28g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
When making bread, dissolve yeast in 100°F-110°F liquid. When mixing yeast with flour, use 120°F-130°F liquids. Use a thermometer to check temperature.
Pizza dough can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Prebaked crusts can also be stored in the freezer.